Holy Mole!



To say my husband and I have become obsessed with making hummus is an understatement. We have literally come home from a night out, with maybe a few too many drinks in our bellies, and made hummus for a 2:00 am snack. Once you rinse and drain a can of chickpeas, it takes only a couple minutes to produce a batch of tasty hummus. With all this hummus making comes a lot of experimenting with flavors. If you remember, here are some other fun flavors we have tried. The other day, I came up with a south of the border recipe to rival that of any traditional hummus I've tasted. My husband called it "Baja Hummus."

15 oz can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
♥ 1 garlic clove (crushed)
♥ 1 tsp ground cumin
♥ 1 tbsp tahini
♥ 2 tbsp mole (I bought mine at Whole Foods)
♥ 3 tbsp olive oil
♥ juice of 3/4 lemon
♥ salt and pepper to taste
♥ cholula hot sauce to taste

♥ Put chickpeas, garlic, cumin, tahini, mole, olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor. I also added one of my favorite things in life, Cholula Hot Sauce, and I added a lot of it! But it's up to your discretion how much you want to put in. Blend until smooth and make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste and a little extra lemon juice. I garnished the hummus with thinly sliced radish and cucumber.








No comments:

Post a Comment