The Hummus Diaries



Hummus is absolutely one of my favorite things, so my husband and I thought it would be really fun to try to make our own. I tried to think of some fun hummus flavors that I haven't tried and came up with two ideas: a green curry hummus and a roasted rosemary garlic, sundried tomato, basil and roasted red pepper hummus. That was a mouthful! Our itty bitty kitchen was full to capacity of chopped food and food processors, but the end result was pretty darn tasty. I grabbed my $15 food processor from Target and created the first batch of green curry hummus before I remembered that we got a brand new super duper king of all food processors for a wedding present that we totally forgot about. It was still unwrapped under our staircase. Needless to say, the new food processor was soooooo amazing and much much faster! Oh well, anyone want a used little food processor?



Ingredients:

Green Curry Hummus
15 oz can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
♥ 1 garlic clove (crushed)
♥ 1 tsp ground cumin
♥ 1 tbsp tahini
♥ 2 tbsp green curry paste
♥ 3 tbsp olive oil
♥ juice of 3/4 lemon
♥ salt and pepper to taste

♥ Put chickpeas, garlic, cumin, tahini, curry paste, olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until smooth and make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. I found that the curry paste was pretty salty so I didn't add any extra salt. But I did add fresh ground pepper and a little extra lemon juice. I garnished the hummus with two thinly sliced lemon wedges and a sprinkle of fresh ground garlic n' herb.

Roasted Rosemary Garlic, Sundried Tomato, Basil and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
♥ 15 oz can of chickpeas
♥ 1 tsp ground cumin
♥ 1 tbsp tahini
♥ 2 tbsp olive oil
♥ 3 sundried tomatoes in oil
♥ 2 roasted red peppers (canned)
♥ 1/2 cup basil
♥ 1/4 cup roasted garlic (about 2 bulbs)
♥ 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
♥ juice of 3/4 lemon
♥ salt and pepper to taste

♥ Pre heat oven to 400ºF. Cut garlic bulbs in half. Roll garlic bulbs around in olive oil and rosemary and place face up in a garlic baker. Turn down the oven to 375ºF and leave in for 50 minutes to an hour. After taking the garlic out of the oven, let them cool.

♥Put chickpeas, garlic, cumin, tahini, sundried tomatoes, basil, roasted red peppers (cut into chunks,) olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until smooth and make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Since the sundried tomatoes are oily, I added one less tbsp of oil than I did with the curry hummus recipe. You can always add more if you choose. Add salt and pepper to taste. I garnished the hummus with basil leaves and a little chopped garlic.











Green Curry Hummus ♥








When Ken found our wedding present. Thanks Leslie!


We made a ton of garlic so we had some extras to nibble on ♥


I LOVE this food processor!!!!


Roasted Rosemary Garlic, Sundried Tomato, Basil and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus ♥











No comments:

Post a Comment