Mayo-less Tuna Salad



I love tuna salads, but most of the time I'm seriously grossed out by the insane amounts of mayo that most places add. So I thought I'd experiment a little with my own tuna salad recipe, sans the white stuff. I went to whole foods to get all of the things I needed, which is seriously seriously dangerous for me. I went in for tuna salad supplies and came out with 4 full bags of groceries. Oh well, at least we'll be eating really well for the next week.

Here is a list of ingredients I used.

♥ 2 6oz cans of tuna in spring water
♥ 2 tbsp chopped onions
♥ 1/2 cup chopped celery
♥ 1/3 cup chopped carrots
♥ 1 tbsp chopped cornichons
♥ zest of 1/2 lemon (or a little more if you like lemon)
♥ 1 tbsp chopped dill
♥ 1/2 tbsp tarragon
♥ 1 tsp garlic n' herbs seasoning
♥ 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
♥ 1 tbsp honey mustard
♥ 2 tbsp soy ginger sauce
♥ ground pepper (to taste)

♥ salad greens (I used mesclun)
♥ balsamic vinegar (for dressing)

☞ Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Place salad greens in the middle of a large plate and add tuna salad mix on top. Drizzle with your salad dressing of choice. I used a thick balsamic vinegar. I also added a slice of toasted garlic bread to my plate. Yummm!
















No comments:

Post a Comment