Nagisa Birthday Love

I officially became one year closer to 30 yesterday, and while I could have moped around the house all day (which I kinda did in the morning) my parents convinced me to celebrate with them at our favorite sushi restaurant. And when I say our favorite sushi restaurant, I really really mean it, and even that is an understatement. Nagisa is a little sushi spot in Corona Del Mar, California, that my family has regularly eaten at for over 25 years. I was around 3 years old when I first ate there, and they can still remember what I ordered back then. But I guess it's not that hard to remember a 3 year old that only ordered ikura, but thats beside the point.


They surprised me with this amazing birthday dessert, which pretty much tops every birthday cake I've ever had in my life! Yasu (the most amazing sushi chef you'll ever encounter) used to turn my oranges into Teddy Bears when I was younger, so it was beyond great to see the little orange guy again! To top it off was a big scoop of mango ice cream. Yum! And not to be outdone, a little fuzzy monkey toy sang 50 Cent's 'In Da Club,' which would have been the funniest moment in the night if I hadn't looked over to see the expressions on my parents' faces. So in the end, what was the greatest moment of the night? Watching my 71 year Japanese mother dancing, or should I say bopping, to 50 Cent. Priceless!




1 comment:

  1. Etsuko in da club. Go Sachi, it's your birthday!

    ReplyDelete