Summer Salad




We had a fun triple date at our apartment last night. Well, I guess I should say quadruple date because our friends brought their one year old French Bulldog pup, Frankie, to play with our little four-legged fuzzy head. When we weren't laughing at the pups' shenanigans, we were stuffing our faces in a potluck plethora. We had everything from sushi and lettuce wraps to shrimp pasta salad and home-made hummus. I tried my hand at gluten free cookie sandwiches, which ended in more of a disaster than an edible treat, but I'm not going to give up. I will try again, and I will prevail! But I was successful with an awesome summertime raw corn and zucchini salad that I saw in the June 2010 Everyday Food magazine (one of my faves!) The salad is so simple and easy to make, and super delicious!

Ingredients:
♥ 3 ears corn
♥ 2 medium zucchini
♥ 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
♥ 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
♥ 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
♥ season with coarse salt and ground pepper

♥ Remove husks and silks from the corn and cut off the tips. Stand corn in a wide, shallow bowl and slice downward with a sharp knife to remove kernels. Put kernels in a medium bowl. Thinly slice the zucchini and add to the bowl of corn kernels. Add lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Toss the mixture well. Dive in!










No comments:

Post a Comment