Summer Vacation

So I'm in desperate need for a summer vacation, but I had to turn in my passport to get it renewed, so I'm stuck in the states for the time being. It's been a while since I took a fun trip in the U.S. that didn't involve visiting family or friends, so I'm kinda excited about this. Here are some of my top options.

Orlando, Florida
Okay, so truthfully I never saw myself actually wanting to ever go to Orlando, but they are opening the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resort and my obsession with all things Potter is overriding all fears of swarming packs of desperately crazed sticky dirty theme park brats. No hurricanes or oil spills can keep me from joyously sipping a pint of Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade.




Snoqualmie, Washington
I got a small taste of Washington state this winter when I went with my husband to watch him race in the Baker Banked Slalom. I would love to go back and explore the state in warm weather. I came across this gem of a spot, the Salish Lodge and Spa, situated on the Snoqualmie Falls. Gorgeous!!




Nantucket, Massachusetts
Nantucket has always been on the top of my travel list for as long as I can remember, and for whatever reason I've never been. I dream of strolling through cobblestone streets eating saltwater taffy on the way to a picturesque lighthouse. And in my search for great places to stay, I found the White Elephant Hotel ranked by Travel + Leisure as the #1 hotel in all of New England. I don't know if my patience can last until October, but this looks too good to pass up: Chowder Fest on October 14!



No comments:

Post a Comment