Cocktail Hour

As I kind of mentioned in my last post, I had an impromptu cocktail party at my place the other night after I read a drink recipe in my Martha Stewart Living magazine. I think Martha would have been proud of the concoctions I created... though as the night progressed... the drinks got stronger and stronger and less recipe-based, though everyone seemed to be enjoying them more and more. Funny how that happens ;)

The Spread


Kiwifruit Caipiroska


Sangria



The Toki Special



Non-Alcoholic Mini Watermelon Punch for our friend Matt :)



Recipes

Kiwifruit Caipiroska from June issue of Martha Stewart Living
♥ 8-9 kiwis
♥ 3 cups tonic
♥ 1 cup limeade
♥ 1/2 cup vodka (but I added a little more!)

♥ Pulse 6 peeled kiwifruits in a food processor and strain through a sieve. Discard solids. Transfer the kiwi juice into a large pitcher and add tonic, limeade, and vodka. Garnish with peeled kiwi slices.

Red Wine Sangria (I had a very large pitcher, so I doubled my usual recipe. If you don't have a very large pitcher, then cut this recipe in half)
♥ 2 bottles of red wine (I used Shiraz)
♥ 1 cup brandy
♥ 2 oz triple sec
♥ 1 cup strawberry kiwi juice (from Trader Joes)
♥ 1/2 cup soda water
♥ 4 teaspoons superfine sugar
♥ juice of 1 lemon
♥ juice of 1 lime
♥ 1 orange, lemon, and lime sliced for garnish

♥ add wine, brandy, triple sec. strawberry kiwi juice, sugar, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice and fruit slices into a large pitcher. Make sure to stir enough to dissolve the sugar. Cover the pitcher and place in the fridge overnight. When ready to drink, add the soda water to make the sangria extra refreshing.

The Toki Special
♥ 1 cup strawberry lemonade
♥ 1 cup sparkling grapefruit juice
♥ 2 cups grapefruit vodka
♥ 1 cup tonic
♥ fresh mint leaves

♥ add strawberry lemonade, vodka, sparkling grapefruit juice, and tonic into a large pitcher. Garnish with mint leaves.

Matthew's Watermelon Punch
♥ 1 mini watermelon
♥ 1/2 cup strawberry lemonade
♥ 1/2 cup club soda

♥ slice off a tiny bit of the bottom of the watermelon so it can stand up on its own. Then cut the top off of the watermelon and scoop out the fruit. Make sure not to scoop out too much of the bottom; you don't want to break through the base. Put the scooped out fruit in a food processor and blend. Pour juice through a sieve and discard any solids. Add the watermelon juice, strawberry lemonade, and club soda in a pitcher or large glass then pour the mixture back into the watermelon. Drink any extras you may have very quickly or the husband will try to beat you to it ;) And if you feel extra motivated like I did, carve in your initials or a fun shape into the side of the watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment