Basil Guacamole

I love guacamole, but I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of cilantro, a usual staple in most guacamoles. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and substitute some basil into my recipe. I also thought I'd use the molcajete we got as a wedding present (Thanks Elise and Kyle!) which made me feel like such a chef, minus the fun white hat!

Heirloom Tomato and Basil Guacamole Recipe
♥ 3 small avocados
♥ 1 medium heirloom tomato chopped
♥ 1/2 cup chopped basil
♥ juice from 1/2 a lime
♥ 1/2 cup chopped onions
♥ salt and pepper to taste
♥ 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic

♥ mash the avocados and mix in all ingredients. Spice it up with some chili flakes or hot sauce if you want to kick it up a notch. I garnished the guacamole with a pinch of chopped onions and basil.









No comments:

Post a Comment