Amazing Vacations

I love to travel and am always on the lookout for some fun and crazy vacation spots. I periodically scour internet travel sites for new ideas, and one of my favorites is Concierge.com. I loved their recent post on bizarre beaches of the world. These are some spots that are definitely on my travel radar!

Private Islands, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania

This sounds amazing! During low tides, sand bars emerge creating little private beaches you can play at. Your hotel can arrange for a boat to take you there. Yes please!



Repulse Bay, Hong Kong, China

This one cracks me up! This popular summertime beach plays host to a legendary dragon that lives up in the mountains. During the building of a 37-story residential complex, a feng shui master warned that the structure would block the dragon's access to the beach, so they created a large hole in the center of the building for the dragon to fly through. Love it!



San Alfonso Del Mar, Algarrobo, Chile

This may look like a man sailing in crystal clear ocean waters, but don't let your eyes fool you. This is actually the world's biggest pool! It is over a half mile long and holds 66 million gallons of water! The 79 degree pool is also surrounded by white sand beaches and palm trees. And there are docks for sailboats. I usually don't like swimming pools, but I'll make an exception for this one! Here's a pic that shows the pool a little more:



No comments:

Post a Comment