chocolate bonanzas

My husband and I were out walking around one day, and he told me something that was shocking. unbelievable. sad. horrifying.  He had never had a chocolate frozen banana!  Gasp!  So I decided to show him the de-light. I went on a chocolate mission to make him the best frozen bananas ever.  To make it even better, I used mini bananas!  And it didn't stop there.  I had so much extra melted chocolate left over that I dipped apples, pecans, and pomegranate seeds as well.  I think I've gained 5 pounds in the last couple days. But it's okay.  It was so worth it!!

toppings: shaved coconut and crushed maple pecans

 more toppings: yummy crushed chocolate pieces

 our pathetic take on a double boiler. but whatever, it worked!  I melted a bag (11.5 oz) of Ghiradelli bittersweet (60%) chocolate premium baking chips with 1 tbsp of butter.

the husband testing out the method

 the freezer makes for great mood lighting






add some cute ribbon and give away as gifts.  but not this time, I'm so keeping these!

No comments:

Post a Comment