more from Waitomo

Yesterday, I highlighted a hotel at the Waitomo Caves in New Zealand.  All these incredible memories started flooding back to me when I started to think about my trip to the caves with one of my besties, Jessica Snoocheroo Ng-Comer.  Our trip into the depths of the Waitomo Caves was one of the coolest, yet totally spooky things I've ever done.  We went on the Black Abyss Tour by The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co.  We put on these sexy outfits...


Then prepared to abseil down into the dark dark dark cave...


I may be smiling below for the camera, but I was a tad bit terrified.  And by a tad bit, I mean really really.  The opening of the cave was really narrow, and I was afraid I was going to get stuck...


The camera wasn't allowed from here on out, but the rest of the adventure included a zip line in total, complete darkness (Yikes!), cave tubing underneath the glow worms, a little climbing around, and some yummy hot chocolate.  I think the guides felt a little bad for me since I was totally convinced an eel was going to bite my butt when I was tubing down the water.  They really should NOT have told me about the resident eels.  Not a good idea when you're dealing with someone that has a slight phobia of underwater creatures.  And by slight, I mean HUGE.  Oh well, it was all worth it, especially since I didn't see any eels and I got my hands on some extra sympathy hot chocolate.  And in the end, we posed for the "after" picture, all smiles and no eel bites.



No comments:

Post a Comment