chili dog for the vegtarian


When I was younger, my dad and I would always order chili dogs at Alpine Meadows for lunch after a good morning ski session.  That kind of stopped happening after I learned what goes into a hot dog... gross... haven't really been able to eat them since.   Because this year has been ridiculously cold (even at the beach) I've been craving chili a lot.  So while shopping at Whole Foods the other day, I came up with the idea of making vegetarian chili dogs with veggie chili and tofu dogs.  It's kind of annoying how hot dog buns always come in packs of 12, so instead, I bought a demi french baguette that I would eventually quarter.  
And the finished result... 
Totally disappointing.  But it was definitely ingestible.  I am either going to venture into other veggie dog territory to refine the recipe, or I will have to take the hot dog plunge.  I definitely have some new recipe ideas in the works that are getting me pretty excited to experiment.  Until next time...  





No comments:

Post a Comment